Zinc Oxide Primer for Steel
Don’t pay $100 for zinc oxide primer (eg kill rust) Pompei’s Marine price $64.00….
Red or Grey Oxide Primer Facts please compare to Kill rust (some require 3-4 steps, not ours)
- can go for 5 years without top coat… Can Kill rust do that? NO IT CAN NOT! Don’t pay for advertising
- Who has a much higher solids content ? We do, fact 72% theirs 13-15%. Ours, Made in Australia YES killrust Heavy duty primer – “The product should be top coated fairly quickly; it should not be left exposed and uncoated. Wattyl recommend within 48 hours avoiding surface contamination.” Quote from them, ask them yourself.
- Great for all steel work
- Steel boats
- can go 5years without top coat
- top coat can be water or oil based
Steel Boat being primed with our rich zinc oxide primer to prevent rust. Then it was coated with Hempel Antifoul. And 7 anodes from us
GREY & RED OXIDE ZINC CHROMATE PRIMER
- Specially formulated with anti corrosive properties for preventing rust on bare steel.
- Steel must be cleaned, free from oils, and all surface rust removed before application.
- Application by brush, roller, or spray.
- If spraying, thinning with turps may be necessary. Washes up in mineral turps
- Drying time is 2-6 hours depending on weather conditions.
- Coverage is 6-12 square metres per litre.
- Mineral solvent based top coats are recommended.
- Does not contain any lead or mercury based products.
- Available in 1 and 4 litre cans